Proposed changes to the Certificate III in Flooring Technology (MSF30818)
- Removal of the White Card as a core unit of the qualification
- Inclusion of hybrid vinyl in the laminate installation unit
- Creation of a concrete polishing and thin-set terrazzo stream
- Creation of three new Units of Competency
- The creation of twelve skillsets
- Increased flexibility in the selection and packaging of elective units
- Improving consistency in performance criteria across carpet units
- Minor amendments to content across 32 units to better reflect current industry needs.
FCIA was pleased to note the creation of a new unit aimed at training installers in the set-up and operation of a self-employed contracting business and a new skill set targeted at waterproofing internal wet areas. There is also a new skillset in project planning flooring installation jobs
FCIA was disappointed that the TAC was unwilling to consider a reduction of the overall number of Units from 24 to 20.
- View and download the Consultation Paper - HERE
- View and download the summary of the draft MSF30818 qualification - HERE
- View and download the new skillsets - HERE
- View and download the individual Units of Competency that were reviewed - HERE