Continuous improvement is one of FCIA’s core goals.
To achieve this we have created a number of Industry Advisory Panels who develop and recommend to the FCIA specific strategies for improving the entire industry.
The are panels for each industry sector, including Resilient, Carpet, Retail & Contractors. Each panel is chaired by the CEO of FCIA and comprises at least 3 FCIA members, recommended and endorsed by the board.
The core technical functions of the Industry Advisory Panels include:
- analysing new & emerging technologies and practices and how they are impacting the industry
- reviewing industry best practices against existing formal and informal standards
- developing the tools to ensure consistent implementation, monitoring and quality control of flooring.
The core skills functions of the panels include:
- analysing the emerging jobs roles and core skills needed for that sector covering Installers, Business Development & Sales Teams, Estimators, etc
- providing government with industry intelligence to inform training policy and funding
- overseeing Training Packages and Industry Qualifications
- ensuring National Training Resources are current and relevant.
Want to know more? Want to get involved? Click here.